Thursday, August 23, 2007

Mango and Soy sauce

Sweet and Salty

Nikon D70, Sigma DG Macro 105mm 1:2.8
20 August 2007



I grew up eating mango when it's raw with soy sauce, a good "pinoy tuyo" (soy sauce). A friend once said it is a crime when we don't let the mango reach is prime (ripe) and taste the ultimate mango flavour. I reckon you should enjoy mango in every possible way you can, eating it raw, in a salad (they do that in Lao) with salt or "tuyo" (soy sauce) or with vinegar mixed with garlic and salt.

This photo is a little grainy. I took it inside the house and it was overcast outside, no lights and no flash. I just love the color.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Great picture! I love the composition and colors, and how you have the little cup of tuyo off to the side. Also, the straight and curved edges of the mango slices compliment the curvature of the bowl. But mostly, I love eating underripe mangos with soy sauce (have you tried it with bagoong?). My Dad used to preserve underripe mango slices in soy sauce and vinegar, which we then snacked on on hot days.